Considering having a new floor installed in your home with tile as one of the main contenders? You’ll be happy to learn that tile is one of the most versatile, beautiful, and durable flooring types on the market currently.
As a homeowner, you’ll be able to find tile floors
that match your taste, cost, and aesthetic needs without too much effort.
Continue reading to learn more about the types of tile flooring and their various benefits or give Carpet To Go a call to speak with one of our flooring specialists about our selection of tile flooring types.
Different Types Of Tile Flooring
Are you hoping to achieve a luxurious interior with rich natural stone flooring? Tile flooring can help you accomplish it! Or maybe you prefer minimal interiors with a bright, clean feel, if so, tile can help you there too.
Continue reading to learn about the benefits of tile flooring as well as the different types of tile flooring styles available.
What Are The Benefits Of The Different Types Of Floor Tiles?
Tile flooring offers many benefits to homeowners, making it a compelling choice. Some of the main benefits of tile flooring include:
- Durability. Tile flooring is incredibly resilient and is not easily damaged, scratched, or worn out. This makes it ideal for high-traffic areas in the home as well as households with indoor pets.
- Eco-friendliness. Because tile is made from natural materials, it has a far smaller impact on the environment than many other flooring options.
- Variety. Tile flooring may be found in a huge range of colors, styles, and textures. This means that there is an ideal type of tile for every homeowner regardless of decor style.
- Non-flammable. The tile does not burn or melt and is not easily destroyed (yet another perk of the tile’s intense durability).
- Moisture-resistant. Tile is ideal for homeowners in wet climates as it is moisture-resistant and will not be affected by dampness.
- Easy to clean. Tile is extremely easy to clean and maintain and is ideal for rooms that get messy easily (such as the bathroom or kitchen).
What Are the Different Types Of Tile Flooring Styles?
Tile is beautifully diverse and comes in a wide variety of styles, textures, and colors.
Some of the most popular types of floor tile styles include:
- Natural stone. Types of flooring tiles in this category include granite and marble.
- Porcelain. Porcelain consists primarily of white clay, feldspar, and quartz. Due to its high durability and less porous make-up, porcelain is an ideal tile for both inside the home as well as outside in landscape designs.
- Ceramic. This type of tile flooring is made from clay and can come in either glazed or unglazed forms depending on your preferences.
- Mosaic. Mosaic tile is made from mixed materials such as glass, metal, small stones, and porcelain.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile. While not a traditional type of tile, LVT has become a popular, affordable, and durable alternative to traditional tile.
How To Choose The Best Kinds Of Floor Tiles For Your Home
When it comes to choosing the best floor tile type for your home, here are some things to consider.
- Do you need an extremely durable type of tile? If so, opt for porcelain tiles as they are the most resilient and resistant to wear.
- Are you looking for the best types of tile flooring for your bathroom? Ceramic and porcelain work best in bathrooms as they are easy to clean and moisture-resistant.
- Take into consideration the porousness of the tile that you’re considering. Depending on how porous your tile is will determine how moisture-resistant it is. The four porosity classifications used are impervious, vitreous, semi-vitreous, and non-vitreous.
- Do you need slip-resistant tile flooring? Most tile types get pretty slick when wet, so if slipping is a concern, we recommend ordering a non-slip tile floor.
- Take into consideration your budgetary restrictions. In general, ceramic tiles tend to be the most affordable while natural stone such as marble and granite tend to run on the opposite end of the price spectrum.
Contact Carpet To Go To Learn More About Our Types Of Flooring Tile
Get in touch with Carpet To Go today
to learn more about the different types of tiles that we stock.
Our team of flooring professionals is proud to offer superior quality tile flooring and installation services at a reasonable price. We take great pride and joy in the work that we do and we want to be the ones to provide you with impeccable tile flooring services.
Give our flooring specialists a call at (425) 441-3658 to learn more about our services and stocked tile flooring.