Carpeting is a versatile flooring
option that comes with a wide range of benefits. It will protect you against slip-and-fall accidents, give you something soft to land on when a fall occurs, and will keep your feet warm during the winter. Carpet will help you save on energy costs, cutting down on your heating bills by insulating your home and preventing cold from invading through the floor. Another great benefit is carpet’s ability to improve the acoustics in your home or business by reducing echo — an especially noticeable feature in large rooms that lack lots of furniture or wall decor. Lastly, with thousands of different patterns, colors, and pile heights, carpet will go a long way in helping you accomplish your interior design visions.
Which Carpet Is Right For You?
Take a look at the differences between carpets so you have the information necessary to make a flooring decision for you Bothell home or business.
Saxony carpet has an iconic look and is considered by many to be the standard-bearer of carpets. It is a cut pile of medium height, with the fibers standing up and cut evenly. Some notable features are:
- Velvety, soft texture, making this the perfect carpet for a “shoes off” home.
- Available in every quality, from the lowest grade to the highest.
- Available in every kind of carpet fiber, from polyester, to nylon, to wool.
- Works best in formal settings with lower foot traffic, but higher density Saxony can be used just about anywhere.
Something to keep in mind: There are two kinds of Saxony carpet — straight Saxony and textured Saxony. Straight Saxony has uniform fibers all facing the same direction, which means you will see two different shades or colors when you sweep your hand across it. Textured Saxony has twisted fibers, so the colors are mixed and you won’t see a significant color difference when you disturb the carpet fibers.
You can think of the frieze as an evolution of the shag carpet. This carpeting is instantly recognizable for its long, twisted fibers which lie every which way. Frieze carpet gets its name from the Bichon Frise dog breed, whose fluffy and curly coat looks remarkably like this carpet. A few notable qualities of this carpet are:
- High durability and longevity. The fibers on a frieze carpet are tightly twisted, giving them the ability to endure years of heavy use. Consequently, this carpeting works best in high-use areas of your Bothell home or business.
- Long pile fibers make this carpet perfect for hiding seams.
- Its tousled appearance puts frieze carpet right at home in less formal rooms.
- Excels at concealing disturbances like vacuum marks and footprints.
Cable carpet is made from thicker, usually longer, yarn, and while it may look similar to frieze carpeting (due to its tightly-twisted fibers), cable carpet emphasizes comfort over durability — so don’t install this in high-traffic areas. Some things to keep in mind about cable carpet:
- It’s long, twisted yarn fibers make this carpet one of the softest flooring options on the market.
- It will develop a crushed appearance over time, so vacuum regularly to keep your cable carpet looking fresh.
“Berber” was originally a term for looped white and off-white carpets flecked with brown or gray. The term has evolved, however, and today’s Berber carpets range widely in color, softness, and loop size. Some benefits of Berber carpet are:
- High durability. Berber carpet is perfect for high-traffic areas of your home or business.
- Long lifespan. Dense olefin and nylon fibers make this carpeting option highly durable and resistant to mildew, abrasion, and staining.
Cut and Loop Carpet
A very trendy flooring option in Bothell at the moment, cut and loop carpet is constructed from a combination of cut fibers and looped fibers.
- Blending cut and looped fibers means you have a lot of options to choose from when deciding on carpet design patterns.
- The combination of cut and looped fibers create a highly durable carpet that is resistant to staining and hides footprints.
Textured carpeting is woven with tight cable loops and features many different patterns and colors. Some notable characteristics are:
- Loops are cut to the same length to make for a smooth and even surface.
- Excels at hiding footprints and vacuum marks, which makes textured carpet an excellent choice for any room with children or high foot traffic.
- It’s casual appearance means that it can fit well in any kind of room or design environment.
- Incredibly, comfortable underfoot, which is probably why this is the most popular carpeting option in Bothell.
- Available in a broad range of prices (depending on the pile height and material), making textured carpet perfect for any budget.
Choosing The Best Carpet For Your Bothell Home or Business
Deciding on the perfect carpet for your home or business can be a challenge. If you need help deciding which carpet to install, contact us here at Carpet To Go
. Or, stop by one of our business locations to get an expert opinion. Our team of flooring professionals has years of experience helping our satisfied customers find the perfect carpets.