Redmond Carpet Flooring & Installation
Carpeting is a versatile flooring option that comes with a wide range of benefits. It will protect you against slip-and-fall accidents, give you something soft to land on when a fall occurs, and will keep your feet warm during the winter. Carpet will help you save on energy costs, cutting down on your heating bills by insulating your home and preventing cold from invading through the floor.
Are you trying to decide if you should install carpet in your Redmond home or business? If so, we’ve written this article to give you a rundown of some of the benefits of carpeting, as well as a guide to help you understand the differences between the different kinds of carpet.
Benefits Of Installing Carpet
Sound reduction: Carpet absorbs sound and will reduce echo in your home. This is especially helpful in large rooms that lack lots of furniture or wall decor.
- Improved style: With thousands of different pile heights, patterns, and colors to choose from, carpet is instrumental in helping you accomplish your interior design goals.
- Energy conservation: Carpet will help you save on heating costs, as it contributes to your home’s insulation and prevents cold from entering through the floor.
- Increased safety and comfort: Carpeting helps prevent slip-and-fall accidents, giving you a cushion when falls do occur and increased comfort when walking.
Differences Between Carpets
Understanding the benefits is one thing, but what are the biggest differences between your carpeting options in Redmond?
Saxony is what comes to most people’s mind when they think of carpet. It’s a traditional, medium-height, cut-pile carpet, with the fibers standing straight up and cut uniformly across the top. Some notable characteristics are:
- Unbelievably soft to the touch, a comfort to walk across during cold winter days.
- Available in every quality, so you can find the perfect Saxony for your budget.
- Works best in formal settings with lower foot traffic, but higher density Saxony can be used just about anywhere.
- Available in every type of carpet fiber. Do you prefer triexta? Done! Wool? Also done!
Important note: There are two kinds of Saxony carpets, textured Saxony and straight Saxony. Textured Saxony has twisted fibers, so the colors in the carpet have a mixed appearance. Straight Saxony has straight fibers all facing the same direction, so when you brush your hand across it you will see two different colors.
Also known as the “California shag,” the frieze is one of the most durable carpets on the market today. The name, frieze, comes from the Bichon Frise dog breed, whose fluffy and curly coat looks very similar to this carpet. Some notable characteristics of frieze carpeting are:
- Incredible durability due to its tightly twisted fibers. Frieze carpets work best in areas with a lot of foot-traffic, like a living room, hallway, or stairs.
- Long fibers help this carpet excel at hiding seams, making it a perfect match for stairwells with seams around the railing posts.
- The shaggy appearance of this carpet means it looks best in informal settings.
- Hides footprints, vacuum tracks, and stains.
Cable carpets are constructed from highly-twisted yarns, but the fibers are not as strong as frieze carpeting — emphasizing comfort over durability. This makes cable carpets ideal for low-traffic rooms of your Redmond home or business, like bedrooms or private offices. Some things to know about cable carpet:
- Long carpet fibers make this one of the most comfortable carpets on the market.
- It can develop a flattened appearance over time, as the long yarn fibers get pressed into the floor. Regular vacuuming will keep your cable carpet look fresh.
Textured carpeting is woven with tight cable loops and comes in many different patterns and colors. Some notable characteristics are:
- Loops are cut to the same length to make for a smooth and even surface.
- It excels at hiding footprints and vacuum marks, which makes textured carpet an excellent choice for any room used by children or other high foot traffic.
- It’s casual appearance means it can fit well in any kind of room or design environment.
- Incredibly comfortable underfoot, which is probably why this is the most popular carpeting option in Redmond.
- Available in a broad range of prices (depending on the pile height and material), making textured carpet perfect for any budget.
The most common kinds of Berber carpets are made of tightly-looped fibers with a flecked appearance. There is a wide spectrum of variation though, including large and chunky loops, solid colors, and dense-to-soft fibers. Some advantages of choosing Berber carpet are:
- Tightly woven olefin and nylon fibers make this one of the most robust carpets on the market.
- Resistance to staining and abrasion means Berbers are perfect for areas of your home or business with high foot-traffic.
Cut and Loop Carpet
Just as the name suggests, cut and loop carpet features a combination of cut fibers and looped fibers.
- The blending of cut and looped fibers creates a wide variety of geometric and botanical carpet patterns to choose from.
- Combining cut and looped fibers allows for an elegant carpet with high durability.
Choosing The Best Carpet For Your Redmond Home or Business
With the wide variety of options, it can be difficult to figure out which carpet is best for your home or business. If you need assistance choosing the perfect carpet, contact us here at Carpet To Go, or stop by one of our stores to get an on-the-spot professional opinion. Our flooring professionals have years of experience helping our satisfied customers find the perfect carpets.
Our Other Flooring Products
- Redmond Carpet
- Redmond Hardwood
- Redmond Engineered Hardwood
- Redmond Custom Area Rugs
- Redmond Vinyl
- Redmond Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Redmond Sheet Vinyl Flooring
- Redmond Luxury Vinyl Tile
- Redmond Luxury Vinyl Plank
- Redmond Laminate
- Redmond Marmoleum