Oak Wood Flooring
Get a Free Estimate!
Considering having oak wood flooring installed in your home? If you’ve decided on oak wood floors for your next home improvement, congratulations, you’ve chosen well.
Oak wood flooring is naturally beautiful, lends a luxurious vibe to any room, and is stylistically versatile.
If you want to learn more about the pros and cons of oak wood flooring or the different styles it comes in, continue reading or give Carpet To Go a call today.
Related Page: Hardwood Flooring
Oak Wood Flooring Pros & Cons
Here are some of the main pros and cons of oak wood flooring.
If you have any questions about the pros and cons mentioned below, please give Carpet To Go a call.
Oak Wood Flooring Pros
- Style. With its natural, organic appearance, oak wood flooring has a timeless aesthetic that never goes out of style.
- Easy installation. While many wood floors have complex installation patterns, oak wood flooring is easy for installers to work with.
- Durability. Oak wood flooring is a durable option for homeowners who are concerned about how heavy foot traffic might affect their floors.
- Versatile. There are so many different types of natural oak wood flooring to choose from. Whether you prefer warm tones, a bright interior, or a moody, darker floor, oak wood has something for you.
Oak Wood Flooring Cons
- Cost. Oak hardwood flooring falls somewhere between hardwood and vinyl flooring price wise and is a good middle option. However, if you are looking for the most cost-effective flooring option, oak wood flooring will be more expensive than other flooring types such as vinyl. Or, if you want the oak look but at a lower cost, consider oak wood laminate flooring.
- Maintenance. As with all wood flooring, oak wood is no exception for needing casual maintenance. You must take care when cleaning oak wood to not scratch it or use harsh cleaners that could damage the wood.
Oak Wood Flooring Types
When it comes to the types of oak wood flooring, you’ll be ecstatic to learn that there’s no lack of variety or shades to choose from.
Solid Oak Wood Flooring
Instantly recognizable due to its iconic grain and lush honeyed tones, solid wood oak flooring is a huge hit among fans of hardwood flooring. You can get solid oak flooring in white oak, dark oak, light oak, red oak, and more! Learn more about our solid oak options below.
Red Oak Wood Flooring
Few flooring types are as vibrant and rustic as red oak wood flooring. Red oak wood makes the perfect addition to city apartments and country farmhouses alike. There rarely are spaces or interior designs that aren’t complemented by red oak flooring.
French Oak Wood Flooring
If you want a traditional, vintage interior, opt for French oak wood flooring. French oak wood provides a warm, rustic interior and is good for small spaces as the light tones make any space look larger.
Dark Oak Wood Flooring
If you are looking for luxurious oak wood flooring, go for dark oak. Dark oak wood flooring is very traditional and compliments vintage or rustic interiors — an ideal alternative for someone who doesn’t like light oak wood flooring.
Dark oak wood is ideal for large rooms as its dark tones won’t have the same crowding effect that it could have in small rooms.
If you prefer a slightly lighter look, then grey oak wood flooring could be exactly what you’re looking for.
Golden Oak Wood Flooring
If you are hoping to create a warm, natural indoor aesthetic, golden oak wood is one of the best ways to achieve this. Enjoy a traditional, homey atmosphere with warm tones and a gentle interior.
White Oak Wood Flooring
White oak flooring complements more minimal and bright interiors. If you enjoy a modern, clean aesthetic, you will like how white oak wood flooring brightens your entire home.
White oak wood flooring is an extremely popular choice at the moment due to its stylishness and mild tone (which makes it easier to match to other pieces of furniture).
Engineered Oak Wood Flooring (Solid/Hardwood Oak Alternative)
Engineered oak wood flooring is manufactured wood (not natural hardwood) that is designed to be more comfortable while also retaining the durability of natural wood.
One of the benefits of choosing engineered oak wood is that it gives you a lot of creative liberty to find a shade and style that resonates with your interior goals.
Oak Wood Flooring For Sale
If you are looking for a high-quality oak wood flooring for sale, give Carpet To Go a call today.
No matter what stage you’re in in the reflooring process, give our expert team a call. We want to be the ones to help you find a floor that resonates with your interior style and practical needs.
To learn more about our selection of oak wood flooring or our installation services, contact Carpet To Go today.
Areas We Serve:
Seattle | Bellevue | Redmond | Kirkland | Sammamish | Shoreline | Issaquah | Lynnwood